Overseas Siberia 3 years
Overseas India, Russia, Venezuela, Brazil 3 years
Years of Experience
Total Years of Experience
Years Project Management
Years Project Commissioning
Years Instrument/Controls Engineering
I have had both direct and indirect experience in Project Management, Change Management, Coordinating, Project Controls and Scheduling for EPC’s over the last 39 years that involved Safety Compliance, Critical Path Methodology, Earned Value Management, KPI’s, Performance Feedback Loops and Timelines.
I always keep a forensic schedule with all required baselines during the execution of projects to avoid formal litigations and to support the closing of projects. I use the wideband delphi method for estimating and the early stages of scheduling.
I have knowledge and experience with ICAPS with OPERCOM methodology, EPICom, UNASYS, ProjecTools, WinPCS, QEDi, PIMSMS and DaQart commissioning and completions software programs. I am an effective field marshal coordinating multiple projects operating in concurrence in management with efficiency and I can accurately provide any delay cost and actual cost to complete.
I can create custom reports of any type. When directing and or a part of a Team I am the Team Campaigner, Coach and Confidant,
I use reasoning and I am goal oriented. Applied Case Studies in EOHS Ethics. My engineering experience also includes commissioning, contract risk assessments, in-house estimates, controls design, equipment reviews and selections, bid reviews for conformance and non-conformance, bid negotiations, contract modifications, contractor and sub-contractor selections, planning, scheduling, execution, commissioning, start up and closure.
My maintenance planning activities were with systems such CMMS, GPS, GMS and RMS with RCM based management using FMECA, PdM and PM.
- Refineries; Cokers, Chemical, Cat Cracker, Blending, High Ends and Pipeline.
- Onshore/Offshore Oil & Gas; Offshore Gas Withdraw & Storage, Offshore Production Platform (Deepwater), Offshore Drill Rigs, LC Quarters, Import/Export, Flowline/Flow Assurance, Subsea Controls.
- Chemical; Chemicals, Petro-Chemical and Pharmaceutical
- Offshore Utilities; Electrical, Telecommunications, Control Systems, SIS Controls, Fresh, Wastewater Treatment, Temporary Work Deck.
- Chemical; Chemicals, Petro-Chemical and Pharmaceutical
SUMMARY: Thirty-nine (39) total years of solid Coordination experience with a focus Safety Compliance, Customer Service, Engineering Control Systems, Commissioning, Start Up, Cost Studies, Construction Bids, Maintenance Bids and Sales. I have written SAT, FAT, Commissioning and Startup Procedures. Project Controls and Critical Path Method Scheduling, WBS, CBS attributes and EVM Reporting and Project Tracking S-Curves of many different types.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Albany Area Technical College, Industrial Technology
- Instrumentation 1&2
- Electrical 1&2
- Westinghouse NumaLogic PLC
- Mycro Moore DCS
- Mycro Moore PID Microprocessor
- Techmation Pro-tune 1200-PC
- Loveland Control Systems
- Allen Bradley PLC 3
- Allen-Bradley SLC 100
- Taylor Software Modicon 984 PLC
- Swagelok Tube Bending
- Swagelok Safety
- Fisher-Rosemount Control Valve
- Fisher-Rosemount Process Regulator
- Instrument Technician
- Sr.Instrument Technician
- DCS Programming/Maintenance
- PLC Programming/ Maintenance
- CEMS, EPA Grade Analyzers, NOX, SOX, SO2 & O2
- Electrical Safety Procedures Level l & Level ll
- Bentley Nevada 3300
- Effluent Silica Analyzers
- Perry Institute, Semi-Conductor Technology
- Allen Bradley PLC 5, Maintenance
- Allen Bradley SLC 500, Maintenance
- Allen Bradley PLC, Rockwell RSLogix SLC 500 Programming
- Allen Bradley PanelView/PanelBuilder Programming
- Allen Bradley RSView 32 Programming
- GE 7EA CGT Operations & Maintenance
- GE Speedtronics PLC, Mark V Software Overview
- GEE Subsea Controls
- Applied Case Studies in EOHS Ethics
TRAINING & TESTING PROGRAMSAccomplished Operational Procedures, Design and/or Implemented
- Instrument Fitter (NIC/State of MS)
- Instrument Tech (NIC/State of MS)
- Magnetic Flow Meter Theory (SC)
- Pneumatic Controller Calibration (P&G)
- DCS/PLC FP-1 FAT Procedures (Progress Energy)
- Operational Procedures for a 400 mW Combined Cycle Fossil Fuel Power Plant #4 (Progress Energy)
- DCS/PLC SP-1 Startup Procedures (Progress Energy)
- Operational Procedures for a 400 mW Combined Cycle Fossil Fuel Power Plant #5 (Progress Energy)
- Mechanical Tool/Die Setup Test (Saft)
- Master Mech. Tool/Die Setup Test (Saft)
- Instrument &Controls Entry Level Test (Saft)
- Instrument & Controls TL-1 Level Test (Saft)
- Instrument & Controls TL-2Level Test (Saft)
- Operational Technical Specialist TS-1 (Saft)
- Master Operational Technician MS-1 (Saft)
- SCADA System Startup and Shutdown (Tampa Int. Airport)
- Operational Procedures for Automation Systems (Tampa Int. Airport)
- Operational Procedures for Combined Cycle Pinellas County Florida Power Plant (Veolia)
- Received (7) Safety Awards for writing Contractor Safety Compliance Procedure. (Unocal 76)
- 20) Integrated Project Team Charter (Hess)
2008 to 2014
Clients: HESS TUBULAR BELLS, CHEVRON MISSISSIPPI CANYON, WILLIAMS GULFSTAR ONE, KIEWIT COBRA CASTOR, COBRA ESCAL, KIEWIT TOTAL’ ARGINTINA
- Commissioning Manager for Hess on a combined contracts project build on GulfStar1 for the Tubular Bells field. I formed and lead an early integrated project team of Williams and Hess SEM’s, Operations & Maintenance and document control personnel through a Commissioning software evaluation of 6 potential providers to custom fit our combined project. I also successfully designed and delivered a proposal to the Hess Project Director, Hess VP, Williams Project Director, Commercial and Business Managers from both companies for forming an Integrated Project Team (IPT) for Commissioning. In doing so it created transparency and the sharing of resources thus formally creating an IPT Charter for the $2.6 Billion project.
- Commissioning Manager for Kiewit on a Gas Withdraw and Storage Offshore Platform and (6) Compressor and (6) Dual Fuel Turbines. I performed all estimating for the Commissioning Scope as well.
- Work flow analysis and coordinated the corrective action actions necessary including documentation and performance with all required stakeholders.
- Designed safety plans for commissioning activities and Start Up along with Coordination with QA/QC and HSE for Performance Standards of Safety Critical Elements including Subsea Controls.
- Tracked progress and coordinated project activities to ensure schedule and cost requirements were met.
- Facilitate the work completed under contracts and assist Lead Personnel in administration of the contract.
- Estimated a TOTAL’ Gas Storage Project with ICAPS with OPERCOM methodology for commissioning.
- Reported Projects construction progress through Critical Path Method Scheduling and live Project Timeline for the Start Up Teams, Owner and Stakeholders, updated daily.
2004 to 2008
WOOD GROUP PSN
Clients:, AEP POWER, VEOLIA, NUCOASTAL POWER, STONE-CONTAINER, EL PASO POWER, SAN JACINTO POWER, ETEC POWER, PINELLAS COUNTY FLORIDA POWER, YELLOWSTONE ENERGY SERVICES, TECHNICAL DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES
All work was completed within the contract provisions.
- Organized an emergency Steam Generator Recovery Project as owner’s representative (liaison). I was able to successfully coordinate with the Insurance Firm and with 97% project approval rate, also to include contractor selections (7) Engineering Firms (including Pinellas County Engineers, owners) and (13) Contractors and Vendors. My estimate was $3.6 Million for completed recovery and we fell in at under $30k. Numerous Projects totaling 1.2 Billion in 4 years…
- Acted as the Project Controls Manager for parent company to provide finical cost controls for (5) different business units within our Hub for the installation of (14) 7EA Gas Turbines, to include Bid proposals, Contract evaluations, Safety Risk assessments with solutions, Critical Path Method Scheduling with WBS and CBS attributes and EVM reporting, Project Timeline and tracking S-Curves to ensure that the administration of contracts by projects is carried out in accordance with the company policies.
- Managed Safety performance and customer service.
- Preparation of change orders to the prime contract between company and client.
- Designed in house customer service training program for service contracts.
- Design strategies for BU infrastructure build up and Safety Program awareness.
- Designed bid and budget templates for one of our clients, a partnering company.
2001 to 2004
ARCHITECTURAL & ENGINEERING RESOURCES
Clients: HILLSBORO COUNTY FLORIDA, NUMEROUS GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
- Wrote Standard Operating Procedures for Predictive Maintenance operations and Applications such as PI.
- Performed System Commissioning and Startup of Security Enhancement Project at Tampa International Airport, the first airport security implementation in the USA past 911, 10-Y FBI clearances were required.
- Performed Programming of ControlLogix, Control Net, Device Net and VFD’s.
- Designed customer training programs for the control system and alternating SAC computers, Site Specific.
2000 to 2001 START UP MANAGER TECHNICAL DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES, INC.
Clients: PROGRESS ENERGY, STATE OF FLORIDA ENERGY COMMISSION, BECHTEL, ENRON, GE
- As owners representative (liaison) I wrote and implemented all Operational Procedures, Factory Acceptance Test Procedures and Startup Procedures for LNG Plant.
- DCS System Commissioning, Steam Systems and Cooling Tower Revamps Commissioning.
- Performed review and revisions of Logic Diagrams. Control System and Loop System tuning.
- Designed the Performance Testing of a Combined-Cycle 2186 MW Power Plant with (eight) 9FA Turbines and Condensers, the world’s largest at that time and at $3.2 Billion.
- Another project was (two) 400MW Pulverized Coal Feed Power Plants with (four) 9FA Turbines , Cooling Towers and Refrigeration Cooling System revamps.
- Control System Installation, Commissioning and Startup Schedules.
- Develop working relationship with 3rd Party vendors to help better manage resources.
1998 to 2000 PROJECT MANAGER INTERSTATE TREATING, INC.
- Capital Project Bidding and Planning for Cryogenic (LNG) and Gas Treatment Project.
- Standard Operating Procedures for Safety during Performance Testing and Start Up activities.
- Instrument /Electrical Drawings with knowledge of AutoCad14.Instrument Specifications, Motor Starter Sizing, Wire and Conduit Sizing and Total Plant kW Power Requirements.
- Performed all Plant Construction/Skid Bid Proposals and Purchasing of Equipment and Materials. Commissioning, Troubleshooting and Startup.
- Supervised the Safety risk assessment team to provide solutions for site specific compliance.
1997 to 1998
Clients: PROCTOR & GAMBLE, MONSANTO, CO-GENERATIONS, SAFT
- As owner’s representative (liaison) I wrote Operational Procedures for (4) Paper Machines and (2) Co-Gen Boilers with (2) 7EA Turbines, Cooling Towers.
- Troubleshooting and Commissioning DCS/PLC Logic and Motor Controls for fluid bed batch process. Designed the framework and implemented the Metrology Lab and all Instrumentation Documentation.
- Performed Supervision of contractors during new installations for LNG.
- Performed end user / Client Training.
- Wrote (SOP’s) for calibration and test equipment procedures as per GMP and cGMP.
- Wrote the Mechanical Tool and Die Setup Procedures/Testing along with I&C Testing.
1989 to 1997
AMERICAN INSTRUMENT & ELECTRICAL SVCS.
Clients: UNOCAL 76, CONOCO-PHILLIPS, TOSCO, CO-GENERATIONS
- As owners representative I performed all I&E planning of Preventive Maintenance for (3) maintenance contractors along with procedures for troubleshooting, rebuilding and repair of control components for all Rotating Equipment. Control design and installations for LNG.
- Performed planning for Safety compliances during Startups and Shutdowns.
- Supervised contractor commissioning of new control systems as per client specifications.
- DCS, PLC and EPA grade analyzer maintenance.
- Fulfilled all site specific Safety training /testing of contract maintenance staff.
1986 to 1989
Clients: GA. PACIFIC, POWER GENERATION, PETRO-CHEMS, LNG
- Estimating and project walk-downs
- I&E Planning for turn-arounds
- Preventive Maintenance
- Project Controls & Scheduling
1975 to 1986
Clients: Merk Chemical, Proctor and Gamble
- Install instrumentation
- Loop Shooting
- Supervision of 12 man crew
References Available Upon Request